Wednesday 6 May 2015

Narratives Of A Harrassed Cinema Goer


A couple of days back, I went to see the new Avengers movie, Age of Ultron, yeah, that one. I was really expecting a good show, seeing as the movie was so hyped and the hype was reflecting in the price of the tickets sef. Well, I wasn't disappointed, its a good movie, I must say. Probably even better than just good.


So the gist of this post is more about my experience at the cinema. Sigh! Let me just get into it. Remember I already said the movie was much hyped, well, so it got sold out and the screen room was totally full. My movie companions and I got seated early, before the lights went off. But as you would expect, lots of people came in after the movie had started, what you wouldn't expect is that most of them would turn on their bright phone flash lights and shine them directly into your eyes in the name of trying to find empty seats. Like that wasn't enough, they then proceeded to noisily take their seats, and the movie was already playing!

Everyone finally got settled in and there I was, happily stuffing my face with popcorn and drinking my Fanta orange in big gulps (well, it was dark and no one would notice I wasn't eating like a lady after all). I was staring at the huge screen with rapt attention and then we started getting to the really good parts of the movie, you should have seen all the action mehn! It was badass! I was going all "ghenghen!", "Ose!", "gba be!" in my head, feeling all excited about all the action I was seeing, but keeping it all locked in out of courtesy to the other viewers.

Alas, other viewers didn't think courtesy was necessary in the setting, because every one suddenly went 'gangster' in the room and started clapping and cheering loudly....., to a movie! oh my goodness, a recorded movie! Unbelievable! The way they were clapping  and cheering, you would think it was a live performance, or a stage drama and the entire cast and production crew were somewhere behind the curtains hearing them clap and cheer! There was this part where Iron man said "Veronica, give me a hand", and Veronica started reassembling his hand (that scene was really cool though), if you heard the shout at that moment ehn, you would think it was a worship service going on. Shuo!

That is how they made me miss some parts of the movie oh. Now I want to re watch it, and as I don wise up na, I'm not about to go and pay big money to see a movie and end up getting distracted again. If only I could have the cinema all to myself....

So abeg, I dey find the movie oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.