Friday 5 June 2015

Short Story: The Old Man And The Crow



Once, an old man was sitting on a bench of a garden with his 25 year old son. There was a tree beside the bench. The old man saw a bird sitting on the tree. He asked the son - what’s this? His son replied- it’s a crow.

The old man again asked 'what’s this?' and his son said 'I already told u that it’s a crow.' Some minutes passed and they sat in silence, and then the old man asked a third time, 'what’s this?' This time, his son angrily said 'are u deaf or mad, papa? How many times to tell u it’s a crow. Can’t u understand?'

The old man patiently replied 'my dear son, when u were 5 years old, u asked me 174 times the same question that what’s this and I replied every time with a kiss that, it’s a crow! Now, I asked you only 3 times and you got so irritated.'

Moral:

Please do your duty when your parents are dependent on you. Don’t hurt them. Love and respect your parents, they loved you first, and you’ll be in their shoes soon.

Author unknown.


1 comment:

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.