Monday 26 October 2015

This Is Why You should Always Do Your Research Right


I've always believed that the ability to be a good sales person or marketer is inborn. I mean, some people are so good at marketing and selling stuff, they can sell ice to Eskimos! A person who can make anybody buy what they don't need is something special. How can anyone just learn such skills? OK, I'm probably over rating them, but even the very best need to do proper research and get all the facts right. If not, stories that touch are bound to happen, just like this one: 


A distressed and disappointed salesperson of Coca Cola came back from Saudi Arabia after a failed campaign to report to the headquarters. A friend of him asked, “Why weren’t you successful with Saudis?”

The salesperson already upset with the situation replied, “When I Got posted there in Saudi Arabia, I was confident to make good grounds to achieve the sales target.”

“Then what did actually went wrong”, his friend asked curiously.

“The first and major problem for me was the language, as I didn’t know how to speak or interact in Arabic”, salesperson continued his tragic story. “Therefore, I planned to convey the message through a picture story, easily understandable for the Saudis.”

“That was really an ideal plan in the situation you were in”, his friend appreciated. “But what was the actual plan and I’m surprised why it didn’t work”, he was still confused.

Salesperson said, “The whole plan comprised of three posters. The first one showing that a man was lying in the hot desert sand totally exhausted and fainting. The second one the man was shown as drinking Coca Cola and the third poster showing the man refreshed and energized after drinking Coca Cola.”

Via Nairaland

“That was really nice and workable idea, that certainly should have worked” his friend wanted him to finish quickly.

“The hell it should have!” said the salesperson. “No one told me they read from right to left!”


Cover image via Guardian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.