Wednesday 20 May 2015

A Tale Of Love At First Sight: Excerpts From The Diary Of A Man


I had not even wanted to attend the conference. The boss just walked on Wednesday morning and said "Seun, you and Tobi will be attending the attending the conference tomorrow". "Ahnahn, Oga, but the plan was that you would go to that conference yourself with Tobi, what happened?", my boss said with a shrug "well, the plan changed, I won't be able to go tomorrow again and I don't want Tobi to go alone."


I tried, but I couldn't hid the disappointment on my face. I already had plans for Saturday, since I thought the boss wouldn't be around, I had planned to close early and take myself out to some place nice to just relax, now my plans were ruined. There was no way I could go from our office in Abeokuta to the venue of the conference in V.I and get back in time to be able to do any relaxation. It was so disappointing.

That was the story of how I got to be at the Landmark centre, V.I on Thursday morning with my colleague and friend, I had decided that I would stay for a while and then leave him there (since he was interested), and go to the V.I Shoprite to enjoy myself a bit, and look around, I might as well have a feel of Lagos since I was there already. I knew Tobi would cover for me, that's the good things about guys. 


So, after I had sat through the opening speech feeling very bored, I whispered in Tobi's ear that I would be back shortly and got up to exit the hall (I had chosen a seat on the edge of the row at the back for easy exit). I strode to the car, jumped in and cruised to the popular mall. I was still wondering what exactly I would do at the mall, and since I was a bit hungry, the first place I found myself was at the food lounge. After tucking in a plate of chicken and fries with pepsi at KFC (I also got some takeaway for Tobi, as a good friend, lol), I decided to look around the stores at the mall.

I was still going round, stopping to see things that caught my attention when I remembered mum's birthday was in a week. I decided to buy her some African fabric at Da Viva as she is a big fan of ankara, kente, etc. I knew Da Viva usually sells some nice ready made things to, so I walked into their store to see what I would find. Immediately I walked in, a pretty woman walked up to me and and asked how she could help me, I told her I wanted to get something for my mum, and then her phone rang. She asked me to excuse her and I heard her call out as she walked away from me "Susan, please help me attend to that man, he wants something for his mum."

I had continued looking through the bolts of fabric they had hanging and I was studying a particular one that was draped over a mannequin when I heard the soft, well modulated voice behind me, "hello sir, do you like what you see?" I turned back and my eyes fell on the most beautiful woman I had probably ever seen, I knew she must be the one called Susan.

I know it sounds very cliche, but I know in my heart that I fell in love with her the moment I laid eyes on her, maybe even from the time I heard the sound of her voice. 

7 comments:

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.