Tuesday 5 May 2015

Breaking The Wheel



I looked around and complained about the state of things, how there was litter everywhere and how queues were forever unruly. I grumbled about the traffic congestion, and blamed commercial buses for illegal parking to pick up passengers. I whined about the bad roads and how people made them worse by toting waste water from their homes to pour unto the roads.

Then I took a break from all my laments and asked myself, why do we have such a society anyway? I realized then that the society is just a sum total of individuals and that its an ongoing cycle - society produces individuals, individuals make up society, and on, and on like that. It never ends.

"I am not going to stop the wheel, I'm going to break the wheel"

Those words were spoken by Khaleesi of the Game of Thrones and I think we can apply her thinking here, to our current situation. There is a need for us to simply break the wheel, or lets face it, its all just going to continue, ad infinitum. To produce a positive and significant change, we will need to work on changing the individuals.

So I said to myself, Self! you are going to be 'one less person':

One less person shunting on a queue,
One less person littering public places,
One less person using internet cheats,
One less person standing at illegal bus stops
One less person shunning pedestrian bridges,
One less person blasting horns unnecessarily,
One less person ignoring traffic lights and rules,
One less person being who society has taught me to be.
One less person standing in the way of a positive change,

Are you going to be one less person too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.