Monday 15 June 2015

Why The Heck Should I Cook When I can Eat Out?!


You might have not thought or said this in language as strong as the above, but you have probably had the same thought before. Maybe more than once, maybe even more times than you can count. Eating out is particularly more appealing when you know a nice eatery or better still, 'buka' where the food is excellent and the price doesn't scare your pocket. I know, I've been there. Take it from a girl who spent almost a whole year eating out most of the time.

Whenever people teased me about it, I would start reeling out my list of reasons it made sense - the food was awesome, plenty variety just by looking through the menu, the cost wasn't up to double of what I would spend if I was cooking (or so I convinced myself), I would have the time not spent cooking to do other profitable things and so on. Logical, right?

Long story short, I now cook most times and eat out only once in a while, and guess what, cooking is so much fun. I love it! I also believe it's better to cook than eat out on a steady, let me share why:

1. Eating out encourages overeating. If you go to the same kind of places I used to frequent, you'll agree that the food portions are usually 'plentiful'. Even when you get full, you wonder why waste the money?

2.Cooking saves money! This is just obvious. Yeah, cooking will cost you more time, but it'll save your money.

3. You know exactly what you are eating when you cook for yourself. Erhm, you really don't want to know what goes into those delicious dishes at the buka, seriously.

4. Cooking helps you lose weight, most restaurants usually don't have healthy options of food for weight loss, if you need do lose weight, boycotting fast food and bukas will be a way forward.

5. Cooking is great for bonding with dear ones! It's a perfect opportunity for spending quality time with family and friends.

Although I strongly believe home cooking is the way to go, eating out has it's place too, and I still enjoy it occasionaly. After all, I am an unapologetic food enthusiast, plus many times I discover new dishes that I would like to try my hands on at home when I eat out!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.