Monday 22 June 2015

Just Another Selfie, Please!


Mayday! Mayday!! Mayday!!!

Yes, I think I need to scream Mayday because I don't understand the direction things are going anymore. Yesterday, I was minding my own business, scrolling through my Facebook page when the 'new posts' notification came up and I touched it. Guess what the notification was about - a Facebook friend had just uploaded selfies of himself in a hospital bed with plasters allover and hooked to a drip with the caption 'so sick'. I was just absolutely speechless. It totally beats my imagination that anyone could do such a thing. The worst thing is that it was done by a guy!


What exactly is happening to us these days? When disasters happen, instead of being eager to help, people are more eager to get photos and videos and be the one to break the story. Sometimes I wonder if some of the videos are staged because I don't understand how certain things can be happening and someone is standing by and calmly making a recording, when the person isn't a trained journalist!

Via Stoltz3
The question to ask is 'who are the real bosses here?' Technology is very useful, but it becomes a crime (against yourself, that is) when you let it use you instead of using it. 


Are we getting here soon? Selfie booths in the toilet!

Via FunnyAnd
And if my dear Facebook friend that uploaded his sick selfies happens to be reading this, errh, I'm sure you get the drift. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.