Thursday 16 July 2015

Another Reason Why Bananas Are Awesome: Orange Banana Smoothie


I came back home today and looked hard and long at the two large bunches of bananas my sister bought the day before sitting on the kitchen counter. As hard as I stared, they just stared right back at me! You are probably wondering what I was doing staring so long and hard at bananas, right? Well, there are few people at home now and I knew all those bananas would waste if something didn't happen to them fast.

I wasn't in the mood for banana bread nor pancakes and while I was still wondering what to do about them, my eyes fell on the basket of oranges beside them and a smile formed slowly on my lips! Of course, why had I not figured it out earlier? I had all I needed for an orange banana smoothie right in front of my eyes!

And so I quickly peeled a couple of bananas and cut them up, did the same to the oranges and removed the seeds and as much of the fibrous parts as possible and I tumbled everything into the blender. A few minutes of the blender running on maximum speed, and then I was pouring out my freshly made smoothie into a glass and putting it in the freezer. 15 minutes later, your's truly was sipping slowly.


You can try it out too, with several variations: you can replace the oranges with orange juice (that will save you some stress), you could add some plain yogurt, milk, soy milk or even ice cream and blend it all together, whatever works best for you. Just enjoy the goodness of bananas (and any other fruits you get to include).

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.