Wednesday 15 July 2015

Would You Allow Her Teach Your Children Dressed Like This?


There I was scrolling through my Facebook homepage and minding my own business when I suddenly came upon this photo that someone shared. The caption said the curvaceous lady in the photo above is a teacher in some private school somewhere in Nigeria. In fact, for perspective, I'll share what the sharer of this photo wrote below. I can't say it much better than he did.

This is a teacher of English language in a private school in Nigeria, I actually got this pix from a friends wall and what got me off balance was the fact that 60% of the people who commented on his post said "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS TEACHER'S DRESSING TO CLASS" hmmmm 
Honestly I am speechless. I think their heads need to be examined by a psychiatrist. 
But come to think of it,

1. Will the students really comprehend what she is teaching? 
2. Who snapped that picture in that class? 
3. Doesn't the school proprietor see such as corporate prostitution that needs to be addressed?
4. Shouldn't this teacher be arrested and charged for harassing the eyes and minds of innocent students? 
If this was the kind of English teacher we had in our days I believe we will still be struggling with making our English in WAEC & NECO. 
I can now understand why Wole Soyinka said that THIS GENERATION IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL.
Obviously, the person that wrote that feels very strongly about this issue and I don't blame him at all (although point no 4 is rather funny, lol)! Really! I know that there are standards for how teachers dress to school, but what we need now is for those standards to be strictly adhered to. This isn't cool at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.