Tuesday 4 August 2015

"I Decided To Be Nice To Her All The Same..."


The story you are about to read is about a young Nigerian man who walked into a bank to withdraw what little money was left in his account - you know how disconcerting it can be to have to draw out everything in your account. This young man was attended to by a cashier with a sour attitude and something happened, but yet he chose to be nice to her despite it all...

In his words:
So I was at the bank about 2 weeks ago to withdraw some cash and trust me I needed more at the time. So I approached this cashier and she asked "sir withdrawal or payment? "WITHDRAWAL PLEASE I replied quietly cause it has been raining all day. 
She instructed to make use of the POS. So I did and she pressed some buttons on her computer and without even saying a word to me, dropped the money on the counter. I felt a bit slighted but non the less I didn't really mind. 
Then the miracle - I counted my money and lo and behold, she over paid me more than double of what I requested... Actually more than what I had in that account. I counted again then I looked at her. She didn't even bat an eye. 
From her demeanor you could tell she's had a work load filled day. Then I said HELLO MADAME. she looked at me with those tired eyes  "yes? " I THINK U OVER PAID ME where the next words out of my mouth. By now she adjusted a little and her countenance changed.  
She just stared at me awestruck as I counted the balance and handed it over to her. Then I walked out of the bank feeling better. I know me... My conscience would prick me forever if I had looked the other way. 
What point am I trying to make?
Sometimes we judge others by the way they TREAT us not really trying to understand them.
The banker probably gave me a cold shoulder cause she was exhausted...nothing personal.
If I had decided to take the money two things
1- she will be quarried which of course will appear in her report. Or
2- worse case scenario she would be sacked.
Perhaps you have been hurt by someone you adore and the only thing you think about now is REVENGE . 
Things don't always work that way cause an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind .
Love is an attribute of the heart
True love isn't just showing love to those who show you love
Rather its showing it to those who don't "deserve it".
Be nice to someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.