Monday 3 August 2015

The MAN Bread? I Got Curious About It Too


There I was scrolling around the internet and looking for the next great recipe to try when I saw the heading 'Man bread'. That got me wondering - is there now a bread specially for men or what? That idea of a bread that was exclusively for men got me very curious - I mean, are they trying to say a woman can't eat it? Maybe it just meant that the bread is so filling, a man get full after eating it right away. I had to know (for the love of food, you know), so I clicked on the link, itching to find out why this bread was a 'man' bread and ready to prove them wrong that I could eat it too, even though, of course, I'm not a man.


The page opened, and then I realized it's called man bread only because the recipe was created by a man who had no cooking expertise and is so simple, any man (even the lazy bachelors that hate to cook) and even any woman with no cooking skills can pull it off without mistakes. I was a bit disappointed, I had been kinda hoping it was some special bread that was exclusively for men (that would have been kinda more interesting, you know).

Another thing I found out is that this bread recipe seems a little bit healthier than regular white bread - no sugar or butter required! Instead of sugar or butter, the recipe requires honey and coconut oil (that's healthier, isn't it?) You would still need flour for the recipe though, and of course some yeast and warm water and some salt. And, oh, it takes only 90 minutes to get ready (from initial prep to eating).

The writers of the post raved and raved about this bread, and the photos do look inviting. Plus, they said they made 3 loaves in 2 days (because it was that good, according to them). Anyway, because of all that positive review, I'm really eager to try out this bread myself, I guess you might also want to try it out, so here's the link to the recipe:


I'll put up photos of my very own man bread when I'm done making it, and trust me, I'll savor every single crumb of it!


Cover image via Dontwastthecrumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.