Thursday 10 September 2015

For The Love Of Food: Fried Okra Recipe?!


I used to like okra (okro/lady fingers) soup way back when I was little. It went down well with the amala that I also loved. Over time, I lost interest. The main reason being the fact that okra soup is just so plain! At least the way most Yoruba people make it. When I saw Korje's fried okra recipe, I stood amazed. It was interesting to find that people actually fry okra, and whats more, use it to eat rice!

You think it's a joke? Take a look at this badass recipe!
Ingredients 
20 fresh Okra1 big onion1 big tatashe (red bell pepper)1/4 cup olive oil1 can mushroom2 stock cubes

2 green chili pepper2 fresh habaneroSalt to taste
Method
Wash okra properly and cut them up, cut onion. Cut the tatashe into small pieces, remove the seeds before doing this. Cut up the green chili. Pound the habanero.

Put the oil in a frying pan or pot, when the oil starts getting hot, put the cut onions, after a few seconds add the tatashe, habanero and green chili. Add the mushrooms (I left mine whole, but you can cut yours). Add the seasoning cubes, after about 3 minutes, add the okra and mix gently. Add a pinch of salt, cover and allow to cook until the okra gets soft (I like mine still a little crunchy). Stir frequently to avoid burning.

Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe Via Korje
The finished product

What do you say? Wanna experiment with this? Do drop your comments if you end up trying this recipe, tell us if your taste buds think it's a yay or a nay. I'm itching to try it myself!


Images via Korje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by to read this, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to share your views.